Unit testing is known as one of the most effective software practices. Developers who write unit tests have less bugs, fix those bugs faster, and speed up development as a whole.
This 2-day workshop will introduce developers to unit testing and Test Driven Development. Attendees will practice the needed techniques to start testing both new and existing legacy code.
The workshop is intended for: Software developers and team leaders.
Workshop length: 2 days.
Following the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Describe where unit testing fits in the quality process
- Use unit testing tools
- Write unit tests
- Refactor code to make it more testable
- Mock different kinds dependencies
- Include tests in automated builds
- Use TDD to develop new code
- What are unit tests and how they compare to other types of tests
- Pros and cons
- Unit testing frameworks
- Manual mocking
- Mocking framework
- Using unit tests in automated builds
- Unit testing best practices
- Test Driven Development
- Attendees need a laptop with an IDE with a unit testing and mocking tool, depending on development language
- No testing experience is required.