Postman has become the go-to tool for development and testing of REST APIs. It is a good tool, but like any tool, it’s understanding the methodology that helps test APIs in a professional manner. It starts with understanding what REST APIs are, how they are different than other interfaces, and what we can learn from testing them.
The 2-day workshop is intended for developers and testers who want to use Postman ( and Newman, it’s CLI partner) to develop and test their APIs. Using hands-on exercises, we’ll explore different cases in API development, discuss testing scenarios and how Postman can help us test better.
Apart from planned topics, we’ll set aside time to use Postman on YOUR code, including discussion on how and what to test. Customizing the workshop to your needs is essential to continue working successfully forward.
The workshop requires minimal programming skills.
Workshop total length: 2 days
Remote and on-site options.
Following the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Use Postman to perform requests and analyze responses.
- Plan testing scenarios for APIs
- Automate test requests
- Manage request collections effectively
- Use Postman and Newman on their code.
- Introduction to API testing
- Testing REST and WebServices APIs
- Introduction to Postman
- Performing REST API requests: GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, DELETE
- Parsing JSON responses
- Managing test cases
- Using collections and environment
- Logging and debugging
- Automating workflows
- Pre-requests & Tests
- Request chaining
- Data driven testing
- Command line interface
- Introduction to Newman
- Working on your code
- Attendees need to have their own computers ready and download the exercises beforehand.
For more questions, contact us!Contact Us!