TDD Basics Workshop
Unit testing and Test Driven Development (TDD) are known as the most effective software practices. Developers who write unit tests have less bugs, fix those bugs faster, and speed up development as a whole. Developers who TDD write testable and maintainable code.
This 2-day workshop will introduce developers to unit testing and TDD tools and techniques.
The workshop is intended for: Software developers and team leaders.
Workshop length: 2 days.
Following the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Describe where unit testing fits in the quality process
- Use unit testing and mocking tools
- Write unit tests with the TDD approach
- Refactor code to make it more testable
- Use tests in continuous integration cycles
- Different types of tests
- Pros and cons of using unit tests and TDD
- Introduction to unit testing and mocking frameworks
- The TDD cycle and principles
- Using unit tests in automated builds
- TDD best practices
- No testing experience is required.
- Attendees use a laptop with an IDE with a unit testing and mocking tools, depending on development language, downloaded prior to the course.